On Monday, the day after I tested positive on the pregnancy test, I called the doctor and asked what the procedure was for making my first OB appointment. The nurse told me that I needed to come in and take a blood pregnancy test.
Little did I know and the nurse failed to tell me, if my hCG level was below 1000 then I would have to retake the test until my level was above 1000. Oh yeah, did I mention that each test cost me $40. REDICULOUS!
Why could she not tell me that when I called and that if I wasn't that far along then my levels would be to low and I would have to take the test again?
Since I was not given the knowledge needed before I took the test, I went into the doctor’s office on Tuesday for the test. I was told after blood had been drawn from my arm that since I was only 4 weeks along that my levels would most likely be to low. So now I have to go back next week to make sure my hormone levels are above 1000, and then they will schedule me for my first appointment.
The GREAT news is..... the blood test confirms it, WE ARE PREGNANT!
No comments:
Post a Comment