"We're so wrapped up with egotistical things, career, family, having enough money, meeting the mortgage, getting a new car, fixing the radiator when it breaks - we're involved in trillions of little acts just to keep going. So we don't get into the habit of standing back and looking at our lives saying, Is this all? Is this all I want? Is something missing?" Tuesdays with Morrie
This is a book that has some really great insight to life. I know that I am very guilty of this, are you? Its so hard to stand back and look into something that you are right in the center of!
I know when I look at my life there is something missing, but its not in the plans yet. There are certain things that I want to do before other things. So does the quote referenced above have more relevance at a certain age, or at a particular point in one's life?
I encourage you to stand back and look, you will gain, if nothing else, a whole different perspective!
No comments:
Post a Comment