Friday, February 27, 2009

The Love Dare

So I started The Love Dare which is featured in the movie Fireproof three days ago. My husband and I have a great relationship, but there is always room for improvement. The movie really sparked my interest so I decided to give it a whirl.

Day 1: Do not say any hateful words to your spouse. Well this day was not a hard day because Ross didn't do or say anything that I wanted to react to. I didn't have to hold my tongue. I was slightly disappointed because I wanted to see how he would react if I didn't say something when he knew I wanted to.

Day 2: Do something kind for your husband. I kind of did this one on day one I cleaned out the coffee maker for him and put water and a new filter with coffee for him so that it would be ready for him the next day. I didn't feel like I should do this act of kindness for him again, I wanted to make it more random. So I decided that I was going to make him a lunch for the following day. As I got out the bread and meat I guess Ross thought that I was going to make one for myself so he asked "would you make one for me too?" I was slightly disappointed because I wanted it to be a surprise.

This day was much harder for me when it came to holding my tongue.

I have been thinking about this and have come to the conclusion that it might be interesting to do this with someone that I am not very friendly with. There are several people at work that I would say I less then like. It’s defiantly an interesting thought.

No comments:

Post a Comment